1. WELL PLANNED ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES –
• Academic activities conducted in Engineering Science Department throughout the semester are well planned at the beginning of the semester.
• Planning of Term Tests after completion of each unit of the syllabus.
• Planning of Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities taking place during the semester.
• Planning of Expert/Guest lectures for the students.
• Planning Industrial visit.
2. GFM(MENTOR-MENTEE) ACTIVITY –
• A Guardian Faculty Member (GFM) is appointed after a batch of 20 students to monitor the overall development of the students.
• GFM of a particular batch of students looks after the daily attendance, term test performance and overall growth of the students assigned to him and maintains a dialogue with the parents regarding the same.
• GFM conducts regular meetings with the students assigned to him.
• Effective conduction of GFM activity ensures academic improvement of the students.
3. EXAMINATIONS –
• Examinations are conducted in the department as per the SAVITRIBAI PHULE PUNE UNIVERSITY Pattern.
• According the revised pattern, students have to appear for the University Examination three times in one semester.
• There are TWO Online Examinations of 25 Marks each which are conducted during the semester and ONE Written Examination of 50 Marks at the end of the semester.
• Online Examinations are objective in nature and computer based.
• Term Tests are conducted prior to the SPPU Examinations in exactly similar pattern which helps in improving the results.
4. SUBJECT CO-ORDINATORS –
• A subject coordinator is assigned for every subject.
• Subject coordinator ensures in time syllabus completion, Term Test conduction and Assignments/Experiments Submission of that subject.
• Subject coordinator identifies weaker students for that particular subject and takes the necessary action to improve their performance.
5. STUDENT ORIENTED ACADEMIC PROGRAMME –
• All the academic activities are executed in order to benefit in best possible manner.
• Special attention is given towards improving presentation and communication skills of the students.
• Question banks/previous year SPPU papers are made available to the students.
• Software MY EXAMO is made available to the students with which they can practice for the ONLINE EXAMINATION.
• Remedial classes are conducted for difficult subjects.